Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Quiet House

I love a quiet house. The kids are all tucked in bed. Matt is sleeping with the radio playing softly. The lamp on my nightstand is calling me to bed. I have been picking up toys, and many scraps of paper (Emilie loves to cut paper into tiny, little, minuscule...well you get the picture...pieces.), putting dishes in the dishwasher. No heavy cleaning going on but just enough that when I wake up in the morning I will be glad I stayed up. Matt doesn't understand why I have begun to enjoy staying up late. I try to explain to how I love the quiet, the stillness but I don't think it is in him to get it. I think that, as a mom, I crave it so much that when I get a chance at it...I can't pass it up.
Well, I am off to bed....after I sweep under the kitchen table...good-night.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

I know exactly the way you feel, I love the quiet and stillness also especially at night when everyone is sleeping, oh, that's right I'm your mama. " MIrror, mirror on the wall, I am my mother after all" hahaha

Unknown said...

I love that time, too. So much so that I usually stay up much too late basking in it. :)

Jacinda said...

I think all moms understand that! It was great meeting you too. You girls should definitely check out Thursday's class if you're up for it!

Laura said...

Oh quiet, I never enjoyed it as much as I do now. Here's to many more QUIET evenings cleaning up for the next day. Have a great weekend Heather, I will miss you!

Anonymous said...

I have a lit of quiet now--children are grown, grandchildren sometimes get to spend the night, then it is not quiet but fun. Time goes by so quickly. . . .

God's Girl said...

I love that quiet night time too! Thanks for sharing about Fireproof... I want to go see it this week.

I pray that you have a wonderful week.

A fellow blogger...
All for Jesus,
Julie